Tuesday 9 November 2010

Music and Connecting

Music has an infinite capacity to move us, to tears as well as to joy. Connecting with others to create something stimulates hope, strengthening a belief in our ability to affect the world around us: it's easier and more things are possible when we work together.

So connecting to make music is one of the most fundamental, soul-enhancing, life-affirming activities we have available. My lack of natural ability in this area is an occasional source of disappointment to me, but I love seeing others doing it (and I have a little plan hatching which may change my relationship to music, too).

Playing For Change are an inspiration. They've brought together artists from all around the world. Now they are building music schools. Just listening to their music and watching their videos is a joy-generating experience, which is why I'm offering one of my favourites here, and I've created a music page to present more.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment