Wednesday 1 September 2010

Becoming the new you

My butterfly friend has posted a chant on her blog very like one I used to great effect a year or so ago when I needed to make a big change in my life.  It's very simple and it may even seem a little silly at first glance, but the nursery rhyme rhythms get you nicely into your free child; you can imagine skipping along in the sunshine while you half sing it. You can play it through your head if it's not safe to say it, but I recommend saying it out loud whenever you can.

Once you accept that you can change and that it's beneficial to expect always to be changing, it's much easier to let go of patterns of thought and behaviour that are not serving you.  Accept how you were before and let it go.  "That's how I was yesterday, but that's not how I am today."  You can be endlessly, excitedly, becoming the new you.

And once this new way of thinking about yourself as eternally renewing becomes your belief about yourself, you also start to see that you are not trapped by your life's circumstances.  Once you change yourself, your circumstances change. 

Begin and see.  So exciting!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment